Three thematic Working Groups (TWGs) have been established to work on the followings:
1. Planning & Finance
- How to mainstream climate risks into planning processes building on the new risk definition of the 5th Assessment Report (AR5) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)?
- How to bridge the gap between financing and planning?
- What methods and tools for vulnerability/risk assessments are already applied in the region? Which mainstreaming tools / approaches can be shared?
- What is the Asian Climate Resilience Network and how can we utilize it for our group/work in general?
2. Community-based and Adaptation Ecosystem-based (CbA and EbA )
- How are CbA & EbA linked (also with landscape approaches)?
- How to scale up CbA, EbA to large scale adaptation?
- Vulnerability Assessment and Ecosystem-based Adaptation
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) in planning, policy and decision making processes
- Share an overview over upcoming conferences
3. MRV, M&E and Information
- Exchange on Climate Modelling and Vulnerability Assessment
- ASEAN Regional Workshop on CIS for Agro-Advisory
- Scoping of climate info and services in Asia
- Digital literacy training
- Joint portfolio development
- Establishment of a community of practice
Please get in touch for any further information regarding the Working Group’s activities.
Ms. Marie Rossetti
Speaker for Working Group Climate Change Adaptation