Established in 2011, SNRD Asia and the Pacific’s Working Group (WG) Agriculture aims at promoting knowledge and information exchange among WG members and member projects through two distinctive but mutually reinforcing approaches. These are i) inclusive and sustainable agriculture value chain development, and ii) capacity development.
In order to achieve the above objectives, the WG compiles agricultural knowledge products (i.e. training curriculum and modules, study reports) and success stories, which have been implemented in various geographical and socio-economic contexts. To address the majority farmers, the WG places its focus on agri-business models that target small holder farmers as well as micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). As a result, knowledge and information exchange will provide options and viable approaches to enhance the role and greater contribution of the agriculture sector in response to wider development targets i.e. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), regional integration, national and local development.
Issues / Topics
These topics are substantiated by, among others, responsible investment in agriculture, public-private partnership, agri-business development, sustainable agricultural practices and standards, agricultural market and trade, and agricultural data and information management systems.
Please get in touch for further information regarding the Working Group’s activities.
Project / Programme
WG Meeting Documentation
- Working Group Agriculture (WGA) at a Glance
- Working Group Agriculture Communications
- ICT4Ag – Harnessing the Chances of Digitalisation
- Update on SNRD Asia and the Pacific & TUEWAS Conference
- The MOSA Initiative Promoting Sustainable Agriculture in ASEAN
- Presentation on Climate Change & Agriculture In the Pacific Islands
- Presentation on Deforestation Free Supply Chains and Public Private Partnerships
- Sustainable Agriculture in Asia
- Hand-out the ASEAN Negotiating Group on Agriculture (ANGA)
- The ASEAN Climate Resilience Network (ASEAN-CRN) Leaflet, 2019
- Booklet ACLP 2021 Promoting Climate-Smart Land Use for Implementing Nationally Determined Contributions
- Information to support ASEAN agriculture sector negotiators
- Policy Brief Positioning ASEAN in International Climate Negotiations. Lessons Learned from the ASEAN Negotiating Group for Agriculture (ANGA)
- The ASEAN Guidance for Climate-Smart Land Use Practices – a Review
- A Story about Agriculture in Times of Climate Crisis and COVID-19
- Double Impact: Covid-19 and Climate Change in Food and Agriculture
- Climate-smart land use practice Insight Brief series
- Brochure Climate Smart Land Use in ASEAN 2019
- Consumer Education and Awareness Campaign on Food Safety and Standards Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam
- Consumer Awareness Campaign on Food Standards and Safety in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam ASEAN Regional Stocktaking
- Factsheet - Promotion of Sustainable Agricultural Value Chains in ASEAN (ASEAN AgriTrade)
- N-PLA Brochure
- Booklet on TPDS Improvements
- Community Nutrition Garden Factsheet
- Nutrition Information, Communication and Education (N.I.C.E.) Factsheet
- E-learning “Anganwadi Shiksha” Factsheet