Global Climate Change Alliance in Timor Leste
The programme aims to:
- improve capacity of populations living in the selected postos administrativos vulnerable to climate change
- improve their livelihood options by using local development mechanisms, social inclusion and conflict management
The Global Climate Change Alliance Programme Timor-Leste (GCCA-TL) is financed by the European Union (EU) and co-implemented with technical assistance of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the Camões, Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, I.P. (Camões, I. P.) and in partnership with the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries of Timor-Leste.
The specific objective of GCCA-TL is to improve the capacity of populations living in the selected postos administrativos vulnerable to climate change risks to cope with climate change effects through the sustainable management of their natural resources and the improvement of their livelihood options, by using local development mechanisms and taking social inclusion and conflict management into account.
Expected results are:
1) Weather monitoring is made reliable
2) Rural communities are able to identify adapted responses to climate challenges
3) The resilience of rural communities to climate change is enhanced
- GCCA+ Two pillars of action
- Supporting a Climate for The EU and developing countries working together CHANGE
- From Local Action to Climate Budget Support Experiences from the Global Climate Change Alliance+
- From Integrated Climate Strategies to Climate Finance Effectiveness Experiences from the Global Climate Change Alliance 2013
12 Dec 2013 - 12 Dec 2018