Video Playlist on Practicing Sustainable Agriculture
Practising sustainable agriculture in India is crucial for the country’s long-term agricultural and environmental health. India is an agrarian nation with a significant population dependent on farming for their livelihoods. The playlist takes us through the basics of sustainable farming and how farmers should practice it in simplerlanguage. It guides us on:
Integrated Pest and Disease Management (IPM), Integrated Nutrient Management (INM), water and Waste Management, Soil health and Biodiversity improvement through sustainable farming practices
All the videos are released in five Indian Languages: English, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam and Tamil.
About the videos:
- Water Use, Energy and Waste Management for Sustainable Agriculture: Explore sustainable practices for water, energy, and waste management in farming to address environmental challenges and enhance farmers’ livelihoods.
- Soil Health and Biodiversity Management for Sustainable Agriculture: Discover how sustainable agricultural practices can preserve soil health and biodiversity, combating the adverse effects of chemical pesticides and fertilizers.
- Integrated Nutrient Management for Sustainable Agriculture: Learn about the importance of maintaining optimal plant nutrient levels through integrated nutrient management, promoting soil health and increasing productivity.
- Integrated Pest Management for Sustainable Agriculture: Explore the benefits of integrated pest management, utilizing diverse techniques for sustainable crop production while reducing reliance on harmful synthetic pesticides.
Let us promote sustainable farming practices, protect the environment, and empower smallholder spice farmers.
The animated playlist with video developed under the ‘Enhancement of Smallholder Spice Farmers’ Capacities in Sustainable Farming’ project implemented by GIZ through the develoPPP.de Programme on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), AVT McCormick and McCormick Switzerland are the lead partners.
Link to further materials
- Link to the playlist
- Link to the project > Indo-German Biodiversity Programme, Biodiversity conservation, Business and biodiversity, Biodiversity evaluation, Ministry of Environment and Forests, BMUV, BMZ, GIZ
#sustainableagriculture #farming #ecofriendly #conservation #spicefarming #sustainableagriculture #farming #ecofriendly #conservation #