The key modules of sustainable agriculture (MOSA)
COURSE DATES AND VENUE
7 – 11 May, Bangkok, Thailand
You work in the field of rural development and/or natural resource management. You are involved in the development of agricultural production systems as an advisor, programme coordinator or policy maker.
OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT
You will gain an understanding of the factors that determine sustainability in agricultural production systems in terms of the prevailing social, economic and ecological environment, and learn to make effective and well-informed decisions so as to develop sustainable agricultural activities under the prevailing climate and market conditions.
The course consists of a set of modules which cover the following thematic areas:
- Sustainable management of natural resources, soil, water and biodiversity; labour conditions, socio-economic requirements and values
- Good governance in the context of sustainable agriculture and crop protection
- Animal husbandry, manure and fodder production
- Energy-efficient agricultural production
- 13 core and 8 additional modules with PowerPoint presentations and exercises
- A trainer’s guide and MOSA reader with suggestions for further reading, films and points for discussion and reflection
- An excursion or field visit
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Up to a maximum of 20 participants
The course is planned to take place in Addis Ababa and Bangkok in 2018 in English.
The course can also be held in French and in Spanish on request of your programme, sector network or country office.
The training will be provided in cooperation with NAREM, the GIZ sector network on sustainable agriculture.
Please note that accommodation and dinner are not part of the training package. Lunch and coffee are provided during the training, however.
Logistical support and transfers can be arranged through the national GIZ office.
→Read in PDF here.