Sino-German Environmental Partnership Phase II
The Sino-German strategic dialogue on environmental policy development and implementation supports the improvement of Chinese environmental governance.
Since 2013, the Sino-German Environmental Partnership project has supported bilateral environmental policy dialogue through the exchange of experience and advice on various specialist topics. Thereby, the project enhances institutional and individual capacities through training, the exchange of personnel, and knowledge transfer, to best prepare China for its future as a transformed “Ecological Civilization” and its path towards a “Beautiful China”.
The project is overseen by the Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) of the People’s Republic of China. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is responsible for implementing the Sino-German Environmental Partnership project, which is funded through the International Climate Initiative (IKI) of BMU. In September 2017, the Sino-German Environmental Partnership project entered into its second phase, which will continue until 2021.
Through its activities, the Sino-German Environmental Partnership project supports its Chinese partners in transforming the existing environmental management system into a holistic environmental governance system which involves actors from science, industry and civil society. The planned activities lead to an intensification of the German-Chinese strategic environmental dialogue. An enhanced exchange such as this will continue to positively impact China’s proactive ownership of global environmental and climate change responsibilities. This will support the achievement of the Paris Agreement and the 2030 Agenda.
- Sino-German Environmental Partnership Brochure
- German Sustainable Development Strategy
- Quality assurance of compost and digestate – Experiences from Germany
- Greenhouse – Gas – Neutrality in Germany until 2050 | Policy Paper to the RESCUE-Study
- Tomorrow‘s Cities
- Compost Manual
- Sino-German Chemicals Management – Joint Research Project Report
- Seminar on the Management of Protected Areas – Summary Report
- Seminar on the Preparation of a Sustainable COP – Summary Report
- On the Way to CBD COP15: Business & Biodiversity – Summary Report
- A Guide to Environmental Administration in Germany
- Sino-German Environmental Partnership
01 Sep 2017 - 30 Apr 2022