Sustainable Development Goals
The overarching objective of the Joint Working Group SDGs in Asia is to provide learning, knowledge and information services for better integrated approaches for member projects of SNRD Asia and the Pacific and TUEWAS.
Issues / Topics
“The 2030 agenda for sustainable development is an ambitious agenda. However, I would also like to stress that the agenda allows for optimism: the design and formulation of the 2030 Agenda was supported through an unprecedented, multilateral, intergovernmental and inclusive process that listened to priorities and voices of different stakeholders, including more than 3.5 million people from this (Asian) region alone”
Mr. Hongjoo Ham, UNESCAP Deputy Executive Secretary, Speech on SDG, 1 June 2016 during the Joint TUEWAS-SNRD Conference, Bangkok, Thailand
Inspired by this spirit, we form this joint working group of member projects from the sector networks in the Asian region. We define interlinkages between working groups and derive concrete action with integrated approach.
- You are puzzled how to support implementing the 2030 Agenda with your project?
- You have been asked to report about SDGs?
- Your partners ask for support with realizing SDGs and benefiting from good practices?
Our Offer to You
- Quick access to experiences from Asia
- An interactive platform for joint learning, sharing and co-creating solutions beyond silos
- A bridge between partner countries, headquarters and commissioning parties
Join Us, to…
- Be part of our community and benefit from our network
- Shape learning (e.g. in webinars) and good practices (e.g. in knowledge products)
- Co-create new ideas that can be mainstreamed
Learn more about the WG and gain an insight into this thematic focus:
- Joint Working Group SDGs in Asia Factsheet
- Making a case for the SDGs from Asia
- TUEWAS and SNRD Asia and the Pacific Conference Documentation 2016
- Beyond Priority Areas and Sectors