#RECYCLEGIRI – our take on making recycling a part of our daily lives!
A social media campaign was launched in July 2021 under the develoPPP project – “Developing Collection Infrastructure & Recycling Platform for plastic waste & e-waste in non-urban India”. The campaign aims to increase awareness of stakeholders on responsible recycling of plastic and e-waste under the theme ‘Recyclegiri’. The word Giri is a colloquial suffix – means one action or a set of all action’s characteristic of the prefix word, in this context ‘Recycle’. Originating from the word ‘Gandhigiri’ – Recyclegiri is all about being responsible and taking charge of one’s actions. The campaign is being conducted in five phases over the course of 6 months – each with a different objective and tone. We started out with #KyuRecycle (#WhyRecycle – which was the informative phase) and then moved to #KyaAapneRecycleKiya (#DidYouRecycle – wherein we are currently nudging the audience to recycle) followed by #MaineRecycleKiya (#IHaveRecycled – which involves making the audience a part of the campaign and making recycling a badge of honour). This will then be followed by #GharGharRecycle (#RecyclingInEveryHome – which would be focussing on lifestyle change and becoming conscious citizens with respect to sustainable waste management) and lastly #AbKiBaarRecycleKaroYaar (#ThisTimeLet’sRecycle – finally taking charge of our own actions & pledging for sustainable waste management).
Each phase would involve numerous online as well as on-ground sub-components like stakeholder specific awareness sessions, mobile van waste collection drives, ShopWithYourWaste campaigns, training, community cleanup drives, and capacity building of the informal sector waste workers alongside exciting competitions throughout the year.
Check out the pictures below for our on-ground awareness drives under #Recyclegiri. Also follow the GIZ India Twitter & LinkedIn pages for regular updates on #Recyclegiri to be a part of the #Recyclegiri Revolution!
LINKS TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Go on #Goa – our e-waste mobile van collection drive in a full swing together with @karosambhav. Read full story here – https://t.co/SP67HdhDbe #ewaste #wastemanagement https://t.co/RVnmIfV1u1″ / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Here’s a glimpse from our awareness session with over 100 enthusiastic students on ‘Co-creating sustainable solutions for #WasteManagement,’ at the BNS English School, #Varanasi. #Recyclegiri #YouthForSustainability #RecycleNow @BMZ_Bund @developppde @karosambhav https://t.co/jmDf2NfDZW” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Looking back at the Plastic Waste Management Drive conducted at the Varanasi Cantt. Railway Station on 12th August 2021. #Recyclegiri #beatplasticpollution https://t.co/mgzsB9BgmE” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “HELLO GOA! @giz_india & @karosambhav in association with the #Goa State Pollution Control Board are resuming their Mobile Waste Collection Van on Saturday, 28 August 2021 with a Mobile E-Waste Collection Van! Check out the poster below for details. #Recyclegiri https://t.co/1RZXOquMgd” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Small changes have a big impact. Kya Aapne Recycle Kiya? #Recyclegiri #Recycle #GreenLiving @BMZ_Bund @developppde @karosambhav @GermanyinIndia https://t.co/J0qnYoXdvy” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Not to miss our youth in full action at the #Recyclegiri Express with a message – make our railway stations plastic-waste free. #PlasticWasteManagement #RecycleNow #SegregateYourWaste @BMZ_Bund @developppde @karosambhav @GermanyinIndia @giz_gmbh https://t.co/nM8Ek5BldP” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “#Recyclegiri for the win always! Kya aapne Recycle kia? @BMZ_Bund @GermanyinIndia @karosambhav #Recycle #circulareconomy #Sustainability https://t.co/CKXGXZ3nuw” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Straight from our Material Recovery Facility at Mapusa, Goa. #Recyclegiri in action! An initiative under @developppde project – Developing collection infrastructure & recycling platform for plastic waste and e-waste in non-urban India. @BMZ_Bund @GermanyinIndia https://t.co/THHC8SdfrV” / Twitter
- GIZ India on Twitter: “Here’s some Friday Flex we should all be indulging in! This the most important asana we all need to practice! #Recyclegiri #Asanas #PlasticDisposal” / Twitter
- Karo Sambhav on Twitter: “Today is International Plastic Bag Free Day. Did You Know it takes between 100 and 500 years for plastic bags to disintegrate. Act Now! Join the #Recyclegiri revolution. #KyuRecycle @giz_india @BMZ_Bund https://t.co/0boU55BHNW” / Twitter
Mr. Kundan Burnwal, Advisor Climate Change, GIZ India firstname.lastname@example.org