First step into the world of international cooperation!
The internship is designed to provide the successful candidate with opportunity to work in Sector Network Natural Resources and Rural Development in ASIA (SNRD Asia) and Sector Network Transport, Environment, Energy, Water in Asia (TUEWAS). He/ She will be equipped with knowledge, skills and tools needed to support managerial tasks in the daily operation of the working unit as well as conference organization, communication outreach and public relations affairs.
More specifically, the intern
- will gain an insight into the daily work of GIZ, an international development and implementing agency, and the working unit
- shall get to know GIZ, its organizational structures, overview of its projects/programmes in Asia
- shall get introduced to various GIZ instruments of knowledge management such as Document Management System, Skype for Business, and Virtual Collaboration Platform
- shall assist in managerial tasks in the day-to-day function, planning of meetings, conference and activities, and production of PR materials/content on the working unit’s homepages and newsletter
- shall assist in the follow-up of steering-group meetings and working groups activities
- shall support in the preparation for the Joint Conference to take place in 2018 e.g. preparing documents, list of participants, tentative agenda.
- shall keep internal data records up to date and consistent g. membership list, project list, and mailing list
- should work under minimal supervision with the guidance of a mentor
- shall assist in the unforeseen tasks that may arise
This will be a paid internship contract, starting beginning of October until end of December 2017 (3 months) with the possibility to extend. The deadline for application is 15 October 2017.
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com and include firstname.lastname@example.org on the CC line. Or, visit: www.snrd-asia.org and www.tuewas-asia.org to learn more about the working units. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Details regarding this intern announcement, click here.
Think you got what it takes? Apply now! You never know what the opportunity will bring.