ROME, Italy – The ASEAN Climate Resilience Network (ASEAN-CRN), through Ms. Imelda Bacudo (Senior Advisor and Deputy Head, Forestry and Climate Change project) of the ASEAN-German Programme on Response to Climate Change in Agriculture and Forestry, joined the Annual Forum of the Global Alliance on Climate Smart Agriculture (GACSA 2017) on 12-13 December 2017 at the FAO Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
She participated in two sessions, namely:  Plenary Session on the Initiatives and Achievements of Key Stakeholders in Scaling-up CSA: Regional Alliances, Networks and Processes and the  Side Event on Scaling-up CSA in Southeast Asia: Developing a Sustainable Pipeline for Investment.
GACSA recognizes that ASEAN-CRN, which built upon a strong and fruitful collaboration among ASEAN member states, is one of the successful regional alliances on CSA that acts as a platform to:
- Strengthen regional cooperation, facilitate knowledge exchange, mutual learning and capacity building, including the identification of CSA practices across ASEAN
- Provide evidence-based policy recommendations and guidelines on the promotion of CSA
- Mobilize resources and build partnerships to develop and coordinate collaborative initiatives
- Involve relevant stakeholders such as private sector, academia and the research community to develop partnerships
- Facilitate and strengthen the capacities of ASEAN in engaging in international negotiations and policies, and
- Support national-level project implementation
Now on its third year, the GACSA Annual Forum focused on the promotion and showcase of CSA practices from existing networks and alliances, taking into account best practices and lessons learned as well challenges, with a view to revitalizing efforts to further scale up the implementation of CSA in various ecosystems and regions of the world.
By: Kristine Joy S. Villagracia